It is such a nice improvement in general that its my current favorite room at the moment!
I am so excited to have a formal dining room, it was one of our requirements in a house. We love the molding on the walls & the bay window. I remember how much I loved eating Christmas/Thanksgiving dinners in the "formal" dining rooms at both of my grandparents & parents houses growing up. It always seemed like such an event!
- Unhinged a random door that was not needed & filled in where the hardware was in the frame
- Removed ugly light fixture in the bay window & filled in opening
- Scraped off popcorn ceiling
- Sanded ceiling
- Primered ceiling
- Sanded ceiling again
- Primered again
- Painted ceiling white & install lighting medallion
- Primered walls grey
- Painted walls Red Velvet
- Installed new dimmer light switch
- Brought in new-to-us dining room furniture (yay estate sales). The table has 2 leaves which are in & can seat 8, I just have to get 2 more chairs :) p.s. ***Love, love, love the buffet!! :)
- Found buffet lamps
- Fall decorating began :)