Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

33

I am now the ripe age of 33, or 25 for the 9th time as I prefer to reference it :)

Despite my dislike of getting older, I did have a lovely birthday weekend thanks to my fantastic family!

Things I like in general about my actual birthdate:

  • October is pretty much the greatest month
  • It ALWAYS falls during the Tulsa State Fair, one of my favorite events
  • The weather is usually really nice
  • Leaves are changing
  • Pumpkin latte's are available
  • Pansies, mums & pumpkins are available
  • Football season has begun

So, Friday night Eric & I went to the fair. We saw the infamous Donut Burger. Didn't partake in trying it after we saw the people who were waiting in line for one.

Saw the pregnant pigs in the birthing center, had a cinnamon roll, pumpkin fudge, roasted corn on the cob, and a sirloin/potato/mushroom/green bean dinner, commented on the rides but rode nothing. People watched & saw entirely too many people eating turkey legs like cannibals. Saw several mullets. Went in the petting zoo & I immediately started sneezing so we left.

Saturday morning my sister took Eric, mom & I to have breakfast at Wild Fork in Utica Square. Delish as always & it was a lovely morning, perfect weather. Thanks to her I got my first gift card to Anthropologie, woo!



Mom & I went back to the fair to see the Sugar Art Show which I had always wanted to go to but never had. Its very cool & you'll have to watch for the special show about it on the Food Network!

Eric & I then went & bought some pansies & started on the yard work in the front yard. Lots of clearing needed. So happy to have that done! I just need to plant my tulip bulbs next :)
Saturday night we had dinner at my grandma's house with my mom & stepdad. This consisted of mom's delish lasagna, Pioneer Woman's "The Bread", salad, & spice cake with caramel icing. Yummo! Mom got me so many things I had been wanting & admiring, I love all of it!! Including a new necklace from Vintage Pearl, 3 of the Jane Austen books I've been wanting from Anthro, a personalized cake pan from The Cake Pan Lady, and Scrooge's house for my Dickens Christmas Village :) And Eric's mom & stepdad sent me a new piece for my village also, its the cutest thing ever!






Sunday we had church & then finished up some more yard/house work which I actually enjoyed just because the weather was so nice! Sunday night my dad, Kristen, Lauren & Jayson brought Hideaway over & we had a casual birthday get together. Dad got me the OSU "posse" metal cutout, we have to find a good place for it!

I have so much to be thankful for & feel very blessed after this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment