Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mele Kalikimaka

Merry (belated) Christmas (in Hawaiian) :)

We've been crazy busy over the past month, so I've had limited computer time. But life is back to normal now, so I'm playing catch up.

Eric was traveling yet again in early December to Kauai, Hawaii. He had enough miles on AA to fly me out, as well as a guest. I wanted so to take my mom because she never gets a break hardly since she started taking care of my grandmother 2.5 yrs ago, on top of working full time. But she didn't feel comfortable leaving my grandma for that long. So, I took my sister who had never been to Hawaii & who's best tropical experience was in Mexico--I had to change that!

Eric was staying at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai, and was able to get a free suite upgrade with his hotel status, so we tagged on to his nice room. It was lovely! We were there 7 days/nights and it was starting to feel like we were living there by the time the last day rolled around :) We had a great time and relaxed ALOT. Eric also turned a year older on Dec. 13, so we were glad we could be there to celebrate.

Here are a few pics of our break from the cold Oklahoma weather that rolled in the day we left :)




















2 comments:

  1. brought so many fun memories of when our entire family went summer before last! I think we did a lot of the same things you did, our pictures match. Wish I was there now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! It makes me want to go back to Hawaii very soon!!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete