Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eric's Pasta

Here is yet another area where Eric & I balance each other perfectly.

When I cook, I have to have a recipe. When Eric cooks, he makes it up as he goes.

I am just not that creative or gifted to come up with my own fabulous dish. I am the one saying, "we're out of everything, I have to go to the store". Eric usually comes back with, after surveying the cabinets & fridge, "no, I'll figure something out". I questioned this technique in the beginning of our marriage and he got to where he wouldn't even tell me what he put in things until I tasted it because he knew I would make my you-are-insane face. This face came out one time when I had forgotten to get pepperoni for our pizza we sometimes make ourselves, and he pulled his version out of the oven which was Pickle Pizza. Um.....that really did not look appetizing! But it was actually good.

Really.

And pretty much everything he has randomly made up has turned out good. I'm so jealous he has this skill!

One of our recent favorites he did we both really liked. He even asked if I would post it on the blog, ha! So I made him write down the recipe & here it is, his exact version. Sorry I don't have a picture :(

Eric's Pasta

1 box of whole-wheat pasta of your choice (he used penne)
1 can low-sodium petite-cut diced tomatoes
1/4 cup butter
1/2 onion, diced
"Alot" of Italian seasoning
3 oz olive tapenade
1 cup low-fat mozzerella cheese
1/3 cup low-fat parmesan cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients to cooked pasta & mix together until thick. Add cheese last & cook until melted and combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment