I love baking and these are one of my favorite things to make! I got the basic recipe from a co-worker last year, but have made a couple adjustments to it. As Pioneer Woman says, "these will make your hip bones disappear"! Not the healthiest, but its Christmas and we deserve a few treats :)
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 bag of milk (or white) chocolate chips (these work better for dipping than Almond Bark)
- Crushed Peppermint (You can crush your own, I used some "Peppermint Snow" I got at Williams-Sonoma, it worked great)
- Crush oreos either in a blender or by hand in a ziploc bag & put in large bowl
- Add cream cheese and mix with a spoon or by hand, it will eventually blend together
- Hand roll into balls & place on cookie sheet with wax paper
- Place in freezer for 30-60 min
- Melt the chocolate chips; I find a double-boiler works best for this. Melt on low heat
- Take the balls out of the freezer
- Place a couple sheets of wax paper on your countertop
- Keep the chocolate on the low heat while dipping (You can try different things, but I found a spoon and/or toothpicks make dipping easiest)
- Place dipped balls on wax paper & sprinkle peppermint on each immediately before the chocolate dries
- Let them set for a couple hours to dry & for the chocolate to form a shell.
Take to a party & enjoy the compliments :) Or just eat them all yourself. Delicious either way!