Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Weekend Fun

We had a great weekend! Friday the 13th is not only one of Eric's favorite days, it was our exciting "5 month anniversary", so we went to dinner at one of our favorite local places, Ciao, and then went to see the new Friday the 13th movie, ha! Doesn't sound too romantic, I know, but we thought it would be fun, and it was a hoot!


Saturday, was of course Valentine's, so I got up and met my mom at the Flea Market at the fairgrounds. My mom loves doing this each Saturday and I enjoy it also, its just hard for me to get up sometimes :) There were a lot of vendors this week though, so we had a fun time.

Eric & I made a mutual decision Saturday, that instead of getting the individual Valentine gifts for each other we had planned on, that we would get a Wii for our mutual gift! Eric had been trying to find games on Xbox that we could play together besides Rock Band/Guitar Hero, but I wasn't a fan of any of them. So we thought the Wii had more options for both of us. He bought it & got Mario Kart as well :)

We met for lunch at the Blue Moon Bakery, one of our favorites, and we split a very cute Red Velvet cupcake they had :)

We ran some errands, then got home & Eric set up the Wii, he couldn't wait to test it out! I took a nap, and then we played a couple of games on it! Its so fun and the technology is pretty amazing. We downloaded the original Mario Brothers, which was hilarious to play again, since neither of us had played since about 1990! And I spent many hours mastering all three of them back then!

Next we got ready and went to our Valentine dinner at The Chalkboard. We love this place and had a gift certificate to use that Eric's mom & stepdad gave us. It was just lovely and a great meal! We then came home and played Mario Kart---I was Toad and a very bad driver, I got 12 th place (last) in almost every race. Oh well, room for improvement!


Today we went to church and lunch with my dad, sister, Jayson, and Connie at Chimi's. We are doing a major house cleaning & laundry extravaganza today! And I am looking fwd to the new episode of Desparate Housewives tonight! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment