Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

New newlywed purchases

As most people know, we are living in my grandmother's house for a while until we save up money for a 20% down payment on a house for us. Its an older home, and there is limited storage space. So we have a lot of wedding gifts in storage, and when we move eventually we will have all this new stuff to open! We are very excited about that moment :)

So in the past couple weeks we just made two purchases that we weren't planning on doing until we got our next house. New bedding and the dresser that goes with Eric's bedroom set. I had been looking at bedding, just to get an idea of what we liked, etc. We get the Restoration Hardware catalog & I was looking through it & found exactly what I've been wanting! It was perfect, but a little expensive. So I forgot about it for a while. Then it went on sale after Christmas, and we had a gift card we got for a wedding gift that we could put towards it. So we ordered it & I love it! It will stay in its packaging though until the next house.

The dresser we knew we would get eventually, but Eric was worried about them discontinuing the set. I just randomly got online to look it up & what the price was, and it was on closeout! All the pieces were about 65% off and we had everything but the dresser. We didn't want to wait & then have a dresser that didn't match everything else, so we bit the bullet and got it and the mirror. We have to do some rearranging to fit it in the bedroom, but hopefully we can get it. Otherwise, I'm not sure where we will put it?

Anyway, we are very excited to have bought two very nice, pretty items to go towards our future home! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! What beautiful things! I love that bedding! My office has a day bed with bedding kind of similar....and our bedroom has those colors too! So very nice!!! Love it! New things are always so nice! We were the same way when we got married.....it took me sooooooo many years before I had my China! :) Enjoy the new bedroom!!!

    ReplyDelete