Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My new baking addiction


I came across this blog of food perfection on Pioneer Woman's site. Tartelette. What a perfect name. Its by a woman named Helen who is from France but is living in South Carolina. She is a French pastry chef and has this delightful website with all kinds of recipes from tarts to petit fours to custard. Hello lover. She has actual recipes that make sense on how to make my all time favorite thing I ate in Paris.... Macaron's.

"Dating back to the 18th century, the macaron is a traditional French pastry,
made of egg whites, almond powder, icing sugar and sugar. This sweet pastry came out of the French courts' baker's oven as round meringue-like domes with a flat base."

I will learn to make these little works of art, although I have a feeling it will take much practice to get that cookie just right.....

No comments:

Post a Comment