Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day 2009

We had a lovely Father's Day weekend a few weeks ago. My aunt Barbara was in town (dad's sis) and it was perfect summer weather. Eric & I decided to have dinner at our (my grandmother's) house---we haven't had a big dinner here mainly because we don't have a dishwasher, so it would make for lots of dishes! But we decided to go on with it & I found some nice disposable plates that weren't too tacky :) We grilled lamb chops & veggies, and Lauren made our grandma's yellow cake w/chocolate icing.

We got cards mailed to my stepdad, Eric's stepdad & dad & the phone calls were made on Sunday to all of them. We are so grateful for each of them, such good men & wonderful examples to have grown up with!

My dad is pretty much the nicest guy ever & such a blessing to be around. We are so thankful for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment