Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mother's Day to all, I hope you have a wonderful day! I am especially grateful for my mom & grandmother--who will be 90 this year. They are both the epitomy of who I can only hope to be like. My mom has done the ultimate & works a full time job, plus takes care of my grandmother. She basically has 2 jobs! She has unbelievable patience, is always kind & understanding, even though the stress of it gets to her sometimes. She does an amazing job. They are both a true example of Proverbs 31.

Eric's mom, Bonnie, is in Tucson, but we sent her flowers & talked to her a long time Friday night. She is very active & busy and doing well. We are looking forward to visiting her & Eric's stepdad in Santa Fe in June.

Thank you for being the perfect examples of what a mother should be! We Love You!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post!!!!! I love it! Wish I could have done one like that......what a sweet tribute to the women who made us what we are....

    ReplyDelete