It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to take vacation time to miss work because I prefer not to risk my life driving. So annoying.
Some random reasons why this is getting old:
- We have 3 full trash cans of grossness that have yet to be picked up.
- We haven't gotten mail since last Tuesday.
- We haven't used our front door since last Monday, there is STILL a huge drift.
- To look at our street, you would never know any streets were clear & melted around town.
- We almost had a pipe freeze, but we discovered it in time & got it thawed with the hair dryer.
- I keep baking & cooking. I will probably gain 10 lbs. by the time it warms up & I can get to the gym. It has been delicious though! :)
- We got stuck, going downhill, in the 4wd, going super slow we did a 180 & ended up turned the opposite direction facing uphill. Lovely. But thanks to neighbors we didn't even know, we got out!
On the positive side (and more importantly!):
- We have POWER.
- We have heat, cozy blankets, and a roof over our heads.
- We are healthy.
- We have had a fun time at home watching movies, playing the Wii and just hanging out.
- We have food, milk, etc.
- We didn't wreck the car or get stranded, I'm really grateful we have 4wd :)
- My sister is finally over the flu!
- I do love the snow on the trees, seeing the cardinals & other sweet birds at our bird feeders, watching Capone leap around & cover his little face with snow, looking out my kitchen window to a bright, white front yard, cooking for Eric, wearing my warm pajamas & socks & robe, and naps :)
- Also, we are very thankful for the city workers, for hospital & emergency workers, for the shelters around town, & for kind strangers helping each other around town.
Sooo ready for spring & summer! And looking forward to seeing all my tulip bulbs bloom (hopefully!) once the ground thaws :)
I did get my Amazon shipment finally, so I have something to entertain myself if we have another snow day.