Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tomato & Corn Pizza

I love all things southern, which means I am a huge fan of Southern Living magazine. Everything about it (except the ads of course!). The houses, recipes, flower articles, porch displays, road trip ideas in the south...its just goes right down the roads of my brain & how I think! I don't know why I don't have a subscription, I just keep buying it at the store.
And I'm a sucker for magazine covers. How perfect is this for summer?

In the July issue there was a recipe for Tomato & Corn Pizza, which happen to be 3 of my favorites! I can't get enough homegrown tomatoes & Bixby corn in the summer!

We make pizzas on Sunday nights a lot, so this was one I couldn't wait to try! It was so yummy, light, and summery!

Tomato & Corn Pizza

Ingredients
3 small plum tomatoes, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (14-oz.) package prebaked Italian pizza crust (I used Boboli, or you could make your own)
Parchment paper
1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sugar
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 tablespoons fresh whole or torn basil leaves

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place tomato slices on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; let stand 20 minutes.
2. Place pizza crust on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; spread with pesto. Stir together corn, Parmesan, and sugar. Top pizza with corn mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella slices.
3. Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven, and top with basil leaves.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good! I haven't gotten my southern living yet but I'm making that pizza this week. We have lots of tomatoes and Kyra's corn is beginning to give us a few ears!

    ReplyDelete